Hi. I’m Brian Rice from the Google Cloud training team. In this course, my colleagues and I are going to introduce you to Google Cloud Platform. GCP offers four main kinds of services: compute, storage, big data and machine learning. This course focuses mostly on the first two together with the topic of networking. After all, you can’t use resources in the Cloud without Cloud Networking. The Cloud is a great home for your applications and your data because using it frees you from a lot of overhead chores. And the Google Cloud gives you reasonably priced access to the same planet-scale infrastructure that Google runs on. What exactly is Google Cloud Platform? How is it organized? And what makes it unique? In this module, we will orient you to the basics. .
This video is part of an online course, Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure, from Google Cloud. Enroll today at https://www.coursera.org/learn/gcp-fundamentals?utm_source=yt&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=channel&utm_content=googlecloud to get access to the full course.
About this course:
This course introduces you to important concepts and terminology for working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You learn about, and compare, many of the computing and storage services available in Google Cloud Platform, including Google App Engine, Google Compute Engine, and Google Container Engine.
What you will learn:
* Choose among and use Google Cloud Platform storage options: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Bigtable, and Google Cloud Datastore
* Choose among and use application deployment environments on Google Cloud Platform: Google App Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, and Google Compute Engine
* Describe ways in which customers have used Google Cloud Platform
* Identify the purpose and value of Google Cloud Platform products and services
* Interact with Google Cloud Platform services
* Make basic use of BigQuery, Google’s managed data warehouse for analytics
* Make basic use of Google Stackdriver, Google’s monitoring, logging, and diagnostics system
* Make basic use of Cloud Deployment Manager, Google’s tool for creating and managing cloud resources through templates
Visit https://www.coursera.org/learn/gcp-fundamentals?utm_source=yt&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=channel&utm_content=googlecloud to learn more!
Keep in touch with Coursera!